Saturday, June 21, 2014
Friday, June 20, 2014
For tonight though...the 5 & 5.
1. My mother is frustrating
2. My energy is lacking
3. I blew up and yelled like a 5 year old today
4. My heels & toes crack something fierce. no matter what!
5. My tailbone still gives me pain after oh so many years
1. I haven't given up on the workout Challenge
2. I apologized and my son graciously forgave my tantrum
4. Fun with family geocaching
5. I got to watch Fargo
Thursday, June 19, 2014
1. It feels like I will never have time alone again. For this introvert, not getting to recharge sucks royally. Now I have 2 graduated from High school and those college schedules are all over the board.
2. Summer will be mostly held hostage by the consequences of Kitten's actions.
3. Feeling pretty lonely lately. One of my best friends moved far away. It's for all the right, wonderful reasons, to be close to her grandkids. But I miss her. I wasn't really letting myself feel it until she actually left. Now I'm feeling it. A lot.
4. I had four other friends cancel on me with plans this week. Just feeling dogged.
5. I'm still freaking fat!
1. I and my family are healthy
2. As much as it sucks, we were diligent to save our tax return, and at least have the money to build a room for Tiger.
3. I washed the drapes in 2 rooms. The house smells fresh and the dust is gone!
4. I am loving my Bullet Journal system.
5. I do have friends I can reach out to for prayer & support.
Sunday, August 14, 2011
Kitten was in a car accident yesterday. She was turning left on an unprotected green. The car is most likely totaled.
BUT MY KIDS ARE OK. I get that. and then, I settle in and think what the heck. We can't afford another car. We can't afford to get it fixed. We can't afford the insurance hike if we were to make a claim.
We try so hard to be responsible with our money and sometimes I feel like - for what. We scraped up enough to buy this great deal of a car so we could have 2 cars... to buy it, to register it, to insure it, for what? for 9 months?
A friend of mine sent this link to this song
I know the Lord loves me. And there are SO MANY what if's... IF Kitten had been a few feet farther, the other driver would have t-boned right into Tiger. IF there had been a pedestrian....etc. I am truly thankful that no one was hurt. and then I just don't get it...
1. Can't afford a new car
2. Can't afford to fix the car
3. Can't afford our insurance to go up even if we were to make a claim
4. There's a huge additional load put back on me as far as driving. Not just school, I actually like that...but everything. Anything she wants to do. And the year long theatre commitment she & Tiger are in with late night rehearsals & performances...
5. I feel pretty alone at church. A lot of it is me, I know that. On the other hand, people don't know how to keep confidences, and I'm not willing to risk loose lips with my personal stuff.
1. Kitten is ok
2. Tiger is ok
3. No one else was hurt in the accident
4. Hubby was home so I didn't have to go take care of this alone
5. We had a fun family day today for the last day of summer vacation. We took a bike ride to a great park, payed in a creek (well, the boys did), rode back, had dinner in the park we started the ride from.
I love my family